Saturday, September 15, 2012

Blog # 2

2.  I think that I appreciate :The Lady with the Pet Dog" the way it is. I believe that we should have our own opinions of the characters and the story in general. It's also very creative that Chekov wrote the story this way. I personally think that it is very wrong that the characters cheated on both of their significant others but there might be some who believe that they don't think that it is wrong for them to cheat because they were in love.

6. ]I think that Oates offered her revision to give us a different outlook on this story. There is always another side to every story available. Everyone likes to have their own opinions and views. I think that it was good of her to give us the female view of the story because the affair involved both the man AND the woman. not just the man alone.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that there is always another side to every story. In this one we get to see Anna's side, which shows us all the emotional turmoil she was in. This ties in to what you said for question 2. She knows it's wrong but she is in love, which is why she doesn't stop.

    ReplyDelete