Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blog Post 1 (Travis Tyler)


My rankings in the beginning differed much from what I had after I had read "My Last Duchess". Even though they changed however, I believe that my rankings change to accommodate my interpretation of the piece and that this happens with every piece you read. I think that, to me, my criteria changes to see try to further understand what is in the poem or work that I am reading. In the beginning, I had ranked contemporary cultural context as one of the lowest aspects of what I thought I looked for and by the end, I had realized that I was looking at the piece through the lens of its cultural context. Something that I had consistently ranked highest befor and after would be my personal beliefs/values/experiences. This aspect was ranked highest because I see that my personal beliefs or values or experiences could change the way I view the poem. 

I think that right now I have the ability to be a reader response critic more than the other two views based solely that I have no idea of how to critique in a Feminist or Marxist style. As I see similar with other posts, this is my first class where i've been asked to critique or critically analyze. I do enjoy doing that however and I am look forward to learning new methods and paradigms to analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment