Monday, February 13, 2012

blog post 2

I have decided to do my post on "Pagan Night". In this story many details are not mentioned and I'm trying to fill in the gaps. Dalton shows no feelings towards the baby, I believe he doesn't want to keep "it" because he wants to follow his dream.  He also doesn't show any love towards Sunny yet Sunny stays with him and supports him. I assume that Sunny stays with Dalton because there was once love there before  the baby came into the picture. Sunny keeps her baby because she is afraid to let "it' go. She does attempt to leave the baby  but she has grown an emotional bond to "it".The baby seems to be in the way between Sunny and Dalton. The baby has no fault. Sunny does get some of my sympathy because she's trying to follow her heart even though it might not be the smartest thing to do. Dalton doesn't get any of my sympathy because all he thinks of is himself. The narrator appears to favor Sunny because we do get an insight of Sunny's feelings and thoughts. We do know that Sunny has father issues which may be the cause of her codependency to Dalton, she needs to feel like she belongs to someone. Today people such as myself believe that whatever decisions we make ultimately come with consequences but some things we cant control.

2 comments:

  1. Your opinion in filling in the gaps are similar to mine. I believe that Sunny wanted to keep the baby because that was the only consistent thing she had in your life. I agree there is no sympathy for Dalton because he is selfish and ignorant. I do give Sonny sympathy because of the fact she is trying to do what she believe is best for the baby, but I really wished she had looked at the big picture and noticed that Dalton wasn't good for her or the baby.

    -Whitney Danley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, it appears that we filled in many of the gaps in the same way. The way that the story is written and the way that it’s narrated kind of makes that easy. I agree Dalton doesn't want to keep the baby, whether it’s to follow his dream or because of his drug use I really don't know. Sunny definitely has formed a bond with “it” in my opinion as well. We also had the some opinion about the way that the narrator forms the reader’s opinion about Sunny and Dalton. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete