Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Last Duchess John R.

My rankings of the literary contexts did change but not too dramatically, i had chosen the same before and after for Authorial intent, Clear understanding of vocabulary, and understanding of traditional literary elements like characterization. The changes i did make took place because of just how the poem was read and how it sounded reading it. I believe the mood of the poem was self thinking the reader interprets as he or she reads on. No knowledge is needed of beliefs, values, concepts, or ideas, every reader will have different thoughts and understanding on what they are hearing and what the author is talking about. The ranking of my choices i believe would generally be static because it all depends on the poem or piece of literature being read and who is reading it. Intrinsic analysis would best fit me because i like to take a close look at the material then go forward from there. The Literary schools are going to take some work to get them all down although i am on my way to understanding and using them all  in my papers for literary analysis

2 comments:

  1. hi friend, so id have to say i agree with you. I think every reader will inperpret the poem in their own way and have different thoughts and understanding on what the author is talking about. I also believe the rankings will be "Static" I think for this type of analysis understanding traditional literary, authorial intent and understanding vocabulary are important and should be kept in mind while reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also very much agree with this response. Every person that reads the poem will not have the same understanding of what the author is trying to accomplish, we are not all raised the same way and this will ultimately mean that what the author may consider right is wrong to another person. Maybe the author was trying to convey a certain message that many will understand, but those with opposing views on life will most likely get a completely different message.

    ReplyDelete