Tuesday, January 31, 2012

blog 1 (dianna)

My initial rankings were 1) authorial intent- every author has a point they want to get a cross and finding that purpose seemed the most important to me.
2) a clear understanding of vocab- I thought this would be important because certain use of words can be interpreted differently so sometimes you have to stop and think what is the writer really trying to say.
3) an understanding of traditional literary elements- honestly I picked this last because the first 2 seemed more important.

After reading My Last Duchess I found my rankings did change #3 became 1 because when analyzing new criticism its important to find who's telling the story so we can get a clear understanding of whats going on or whats about to take place (kind of like getting in their head)  #1 became 3 because before you can start understanding what is being said you first have to find out who's doing the talking.  (#2 stayed the same) I had never done this type of analysis before so it was interesting how everything started formulating together after the readings. I think I like the  intrinsic analysis better just because I think you need to first examine the material before you start looking at all the outside material. 



No comments:

Post a Comment