Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blog Post 1 (Mireya)


  •      After reading the poem "My Last Duchess" my rankings changed right away. I had a whole 
  • different view on the list I had made the first time. For example after reading the poem I feel that 
  • authorial intent is one of terms that describes what the author is trying to say. The other one I found 
  • very important is the understanding of the vocabulary, especially when theres words that could 
  • literary mean something or not so literary. It helps a lot if you know some of the literary terms because it helps you understand the poem a bit more. Which is why i believe it's very important to try to understand what the author was really trying to say. What I also noticed was that some times readers may read the poem literary but it might mean the opposite. For example, it could be sarcastic but someone can see it in a serious way. I had to analyze the poem twice in order to understand what the author meant in each sentence. At the end i feel i'm more of a feminist criticism because i'm a very strong believer when it comes to reading a piece that has to do with a male talking about a girl because it's not the same. Some things can be taken ironically by a female and maybe not so much by a male. Which is why I feel like i'll feminist criticism will be very interesting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment