Friday, May 25, 2012

Blog post 7 Michelle Smart I really enjoyed the presentations. I thought that it was very beneficial to hear how other student learn and how they connect different literary theories to different pieces of literary work was very interesting. I learned a lot from my fellow students in this manner. They were fun and engaging. Not only is it hard to get up in front of an entire class but trying to teach the, something that we are going tobe tested on is a pretty hard thing to do, but I love a challenge. I really liked the New historic group. They were one of the brave ones to go very first. I really washable to understand that this theory does not take what historians think to be the ulitimate in truth when incomes to history. I think it is a very brave way of looking at literature and we can learn a lot more from seeing the other side of the coin of history. The Post Colonial groups were also ver informative. When I went through this theory in the Bresslers book I did not really understand what was going on. These groups helped me to realize that there is a difference in the colonizer and the colonized. And this is the stories of the colonized. I loved the break down of "Counter Parts" by James Joyce. The way the group brought out the British control from the way this man worked to even the young man he got into a fight with, helped me understand the control in these stories and what about them stands out. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment