Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oleana


Oleana
First of all, Oleana was very hard for me to watch. I couldn’t quite understand why I was getting so frustrated. I found it particularly annoying when John kept getting interrupted on the phone while he was trying to talk. All of my anger and frustrations accumulated towards the end of the play when Oleana misconstrued what the professor had said and done, especially towards sexual harassment.
 Though, the accusations towards the professor was in some degree true, the way she perceived it was way out of context. Oleana sounded convincing when said that John put his hands on her, and leaned in against her body in a sexual manner. If I didn’t know anything of that situation and heard only Oleana’s side of the accusations I would probably believe her. Since I saw what had actually happened I know she is way off base with her misinterpretation. Somewhere in the back of my mind I do believe she was planted in the class to try and take down the professor and deliberately looked for ways to accuse him of abusing his position.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about how it was really difficult to watch because it was so hard to follow the constant dialogue. I feel that the story would have been much more entertaining if they cut a lot of the excess dialogue out. I would also believe her accusation if I didn't know the entire situation because it seems like such a huge issue to make up.

    ReplyDelete